Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Studio Sessions - Photo #2

Most of our amazing Lady A fans know that Hillary, Charles, and Dave had an extremely close hand in writing the songs on the new album Own The Night. Ten out of twelve to be exact. Being creative, writing music, and recording in the studio together is something Lady A truly enjoys, and they put all of their passion and heart into each song. The recording process for this new album has been a continuous and ongoing one that has been a collaborative effort from the beginning. And the writing of this record has brought Lady A even closer together as friends, musicians, and a group.

“I think we’re the closest we’ve ever been as a group right now, and I think that comes through in our songwriting. I feel like I know what Hillary would be comfortable saying and what we can dive into, and vice versa. And I think we work great in those scenarios. Hopefully the songs have a genuine feel to them because we feel like we write them from a very personal place.” - Dave Haywood

Today's photo comes from a studio session during the recording of Own The Night, and it is yet another element of proof that Lady A works as a team, creates as a team, and succeeds as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment